Whether you are looking to celebrate the 12 days of Christmas in a healthy way or you want some options to bring to all the gatherings and potlucks you’ve been invited to, our team has a few choices of what to prepare. In addition to all of these treats, remember to stay active with 20-30 minutes of activity each day, be mindful of what you are eating the rest of the day, and try to eat an assortment of fruits and veggies with all of your meals. Integrity Urgent Care also urges you to drink plenty of water to keep your body healthy and fit and also to help stay hydrated if you are partaking in adult beverages responsibly.
1. Chocolate Covered Strawberries – This treat is versatile and a crowd pleaser that is perfect for any event. Along with a healthy dose of fruit, there is just enough chocolate to satisfy your taste buds. By using a darker chocolate, you can get an even richer flavor. Make sure strawberries are rinsed and pat dry so the chocolate stays in place.
2. Fruit Salad – A great item for grown-ups and kids alike, you can mix and match your favorite fruits or what you find on sale. An added bonus is this salad doesn’t need refrigeration and can be dressed up with a little fruit juice, coconut, or nuts like pecans or almonds.
3. Chocolate Bark – Whether you buy on the way to a party or make it yourself for your favorite neighbors, chocolate bark is a great example of a little going a long way. By melting chocolate and pouring into a wax paper lined baking sheet, you can top off with many favorite items like crushed up pretzels, pistachios, dried fruits, small amounts of candy, or other treats.
4. Caramel Apple Nachos – Perfect for watching your favorite Christmas movie, you can slice up apples and top with drizzles of caramel, melted chocolate, pretzel pieces, coconut shavings, or different chopped nuts. Choose different types of apples for different textures and flavors or consider a firm pear or two in addition to the apples.
5. Bloomin’ Apples – It is a great thing when apples are a good price at the store because they can pack a lot of flavor and nutrition in a very portable and versatile package. By cutting an apple like the popular appetizer and topping with a small amount of butter, sugar, and cinnamon, you can bake these sweet treats in a 325-degree oven to create a delicious dessert that smells like the holidays.
6. Frozen Yogurt Fruit Bites – Choose your favorite yogurt, we would recommend a Greek yogurt with little sugar or plain with a small amount of honey drizzled in, and your favorite berries and fruit. By putting a small amount in an ice cube tray and nestling a piece of fruit or two into it, you can freeze these into the perfect treat for brunch, snacking, or dessert.
7. Prosecco Grapes – Soaking grapes in prosecco or sparkling wine and vodka will allow these sweet and boozy treats to get started. Once they have been drained, pour a small amount of sugar on top and serve to the adults at your next gathering.
8. Cheesecake Stuffed Fruit – You can use a prepared cheesecake filling or check out a lightened-up version to make yourself and serve it in a baked apple, peach, or in hollowed out strawberries or raspberries for a bite sized treat.
9. Chocolate and Pomegranate – Pomegranate seeds are the perfect addition to salads of any type, sauces, or just to snack on. They are rich in flavor and packed full of antioxidants. While it may prove tricky to dip these little bits of tastiness in chocolate, you can coat a baking cup with a thin layer of chocolate to make a dish for your pomegranate seeds.
10. Sweet Potato Bites – A spin on the ever-popular sweet potato casserole, these are made by taking a skinned sweet potato, cut into disks, baked until tender, then topped with a marshmallow and pecan until just toasted. Sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamins and minerals, and a little sweetness won’t hurt!
11. Flourless Fudge Cookies – By eliminating the flour and butter in these cookies, you save on some of the unhealthy aspects, but don’t skimp on the fudgiest flavors you are looking for. Get the recipe!
12. No Bake Oatmeal Cookies – Oats and chocolate combine to make the perfect dessert for sharing. These store really well in the fridge or freezer meaning you should make a double or triple batch so you can cover everyone on your Christmas gift list.
In between making these special treats, if you start feeling a little under the weather or have baking accident that needs our attention, visit one of our several locations. We have the expertise and caring staff to get you back to making each of these recipes in no time. Walk in or contact us today.