December should be a time full of happiness and cheer, but sometimes an illness or injury can lead to days that aren’t exactly “merry and bright”. Did you know that ALL the unhappy situations below can be handled at an urgent care clinic?
- Your 12-year-old son is so excited to open his new drone! He gets out a pair of sharp scissors while trying to cut open the box and slices his finger open. You’ve been able to stop the bleeding, but you’re concerned he might need stitches.
- Your husband falls of a ladder while retrieving Christmas decorations from the attic. His ankle is beginning to swell, and you fear it may be sprained or even broken.
- Your mother-in-law has quite literally “shopped ‘til she dropped”. After a day of being on her feet and skipping meals, she’s dizzy and you’re afraid she may be dehydrated.
- While playing a family game of football on Christmas Eve, your father-in-law falls and is now complaining of wrist pain. You are concerned his wrist may be fractured.
- You’re out of town visiting family and wake up with a severe case of food poisoning after drinking your uncle’s eggnog. You can’t even drink water without vomiting.
- You burn your hand while taking Christmas cookies out of the oven.
- While busily assembling a new bike, Santa drops a large wrench on his big toe. He’s concerned it may be broken.
- Your daughter is running a fever and you suspect an ear infection, but your pediatrician’s office is closed.
- Your great-aunt insists that you try her fruitcake. After sampling it, you promptly break out in hives.
- You decided to get in a quick workout in the garage before dinner guests arrive. After attempting a new lift, your back hurts so badly you can barely move.
- While sitting at a stop light, you’re rear-ended by a distracted driver. It’s a minor accident, but you’re feeling sore and want to get checked out.
- Your toddler wanted to feed your mother-in-law’s Chihuahua a treat, but the dog bit your child instead.
Urgent care centers are designed to handle any non-life-threatening illness or injury. On average, an urgent care visit costs 1/10th of an emergency room visit ($150 vs. $1,233). With many insurance plans, you will only pay a copay. The average wait time at an urgent care clinic is less than an hour, compared with 244 minutes at an emergency room. Appointments are never needed, and most urgent care clinics have extended hours.
Integrity Urgent Care wishes you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. If you need us, we’re here for you! We will be closed Christmas Day, but will be open from 8-4 on Christmas Eve. We are open 8-4 on New Year’s Eve and open 8-8 on New Year’s Day. We have in-house labs and x-rays and can order CT scans, MRIs, and ultrasounds if needed. Find an urgent care location near you.