Quick quiz - can the scenarios below be handled at an urgent care clinic or should you go to the emergency room?
- While playing a family game of football on Christmas Eve, your son falls and is now complaining of wrist pain. You are concerned his wrist may be fractured.
- You’re out of town and wake up with a severe case of the stomach flu. You can’t even drink water without vomiting.
- Your husband burns his hand while taking Christmas cookies out of the oven.
- Your toddler is running a fever and you suspect an ear infection but your pediatrician’s office is closed.
- While visiting family, you break out in hives after sampling your aunt’s special New Year’s eggnog.
- You decided to get in a quick workout in the garage before dinner guests arrive. After attempting a new lift, your back hurts so badly you can barely move.
- While hurriedly chopping carrots, you accidentally slice your finger open. You’ve been able to stop the bleeding, but you’re concerned you might need stitches.
- Your daughter wakes up with pink eye on a Sunday morning.
- Your toddler wanted to feed your mother-in-law’s Chihuahua a treat, but the dog bit your child instead.
All of these scenarios and more can be handled at an urgent care clinic such as Integrity Urgent Care. Urgent care centers are designed to handle any non-life threatening illness or injury. On average, an urgent care visit costs 1/10th of an emergency room visit ($150 vs. $1,233). With many insurance plans, you will only pay a copay. The average wait time at an urgent care clinic is less than an hour, compared with 244 minutes at an emergency room. Appointments are never needed, and most urgent care clinics have extended hours.
Integrity Urgent Care is open every day from 8 am - 8 pm. We have in-house labs and x-rays and can order CT scans, MRIs, and ultrasounds if needed. When the unexpected strikes this holiday season, we are here for you and your family!